Saturday, November 17, 2007

Heureux

Edit (17/11, 13 58hrs): The Golden Compass is in the RBR section of the library! How ludicrous. How in the world do they expect me to finish reading the damn thing in 2 hours? And it's not like I'm so free as to keep renewing it every 2 hours! Stupid. The sequels aren't RBR so why the first one? Grr.

I am one happy girl.

Just came back from watching Stardust with Eng Hooi and James. The movie was pretty good but sometimes I feel like the characters pop out from nowhere. The soundtrack sounded like a combination of LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean and Narnia so I quite enjoyed it but it got repetitive at some points. I wanted to get the book and was thrilled to realise that Central Library has a copy until I saw that it was on Hold with TEN HOLDS LEFT! :( but it's okay cos I'm going to borrow The Golden Compass instead, which seems like another good read. Whoopee! So excited that I'm going to have a new book to entertain me. Well I did borrow The Afghan from Yen but the story hasn't enthralled me thus far so going to put that on hold.

Next bit of euphoria came from that fact that I managed to wrangle an A for my Psych paper! Considering my atrocious marks in the CA, I really needed this. I can't quite believe it actually;I keep thinking that I'm going to wake up from a dream or realise that I looked at the wrong column for my grade.

Last happy pill is that Don finally bought for me cupcakes baked by The Baker Who Cooks, aka Cheryl. I've been bugging him to buy them for me ever since I found out that he knows her. I think he got for me the Nutella ones. Yum yum :) They're going to be my breakfast tomorrow before my dreaded GEM 1008 test.

I'm in such a good mood that I can't even rant properly about the fact that I'm posted to CGH which is freaking far away from hall, when I TOLD Jillian that I'll be staying in hall this semester. Will let out my frustrations another time when I'm feeling more angsty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home