Friday, November 17, 2006

The Danger of Jalan Raya

I think I gained ONE ENTIRE KG from Jalan Raya with the squadmates! Blame it on the Hari Raya snacks and my deprivation of good food. I've been stuck with Chinese dinners for so darn long that when opportunity knocked, I willingly yanked open the door.
Unfortunately, the consequences of my actions were a bit of indigestion and slightly lowered self-esteem. But it was worth it =) i already miss the pineapple tarts, cookies and sugee...

Anyway it was nice to meet up with the NP people though I felt that we didn't have much to talk about even after...one year? Everyone who came was in poly/army so I didn't have anyone to swap uni stories with and really, that's the biggest thing that's happened to me this year. What was fun about the gathering was reliving the old times and sometimes I miss those days. Definitely not the politics and favouritism but the times when those didn't matter, when no one was vying to be Station Inspector or ICs, when no one was thinking about the next opportunity to suck up, when everyone was genuinely having fun and enjoying each other's company.

How I do miss secondary school; it was just so much less stressed.


"The nurse is temporarily the consciousness of the unconscious, the love of life for the suicidal, the leg of the amputee, the eyes of the newly blind, a means of locomotion for the infant, knowledge and confidence for the young mother, a 'mouthpiece' for those too weak or withdrawn to speak" - Virginia Henderson, 1968

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home