Friday, June 30, 2006

Start: 19 June - End: 29 June

I've changed my opinion of clubbing somewhat after attending Flybar's gig last last Saturday at dxo. (I didn't even know there was a club at the Esplanade! How ignorant I am about Singapore's clubbing scene.) My Indochine experience last year wasn't very fun, maybe cos I went with my classmates, most of whom I'm not close to and quite a few were as inexperienced as I was. After I got home in the wee hours, I realised clubbing isn't my thing. I'd rather spend the time eating, shopping, etc with people I actually care about than dancing with sweaty strangers.

Then I went to dxo to listen to Deon's band and celebrate Jason's and Kok's birthdays. I actually had fun even though the club scene was exactly like Indochine, only bigger so I conclude that it must be the company. I'm closer to the bandies than I am to my classmates and I seem to click better with them somehow so next time I club (probably in another half a year) I'll make sure I go with the right group.

*****

On Friday I went to the Zoo with the family. The trip was great overall but it was a little spoilt for me when I decided to venture into the Fragile Forest. For the uninformed, Fragile Forest has only one main path where the visitors walk. Problem is, the birds walk there too! Sure, the ducklings were cute but not the duck that was coming my way! I got a bit of a scare and hastily made my way out. Give me snakes any time. Saw many baby animals which were so adorable especially the young baboons, whose red butts aren't so prominent. Loved the animal shows; the animals are so well-trained it's amazing. However there was something I noticed about Singaporeans that wasn't very pleasant: their lack of appreciation for performances. Even my 10-year-old cousin could ask me, "Why aren't people clapping?" Then again, she's in the choir so being a performer, I guess she understands the importance of applause. It just makes you feel good when you give it your all and people clap so you know they enjoyed it. By the time I got home I was spent, but in a good way cos I enjoyed myself. And oh, I met Shaun and his family. The Zoo was the LAST place I thought I'd meet a friend but I did! =)

*****

I've received the result of my application for hall stay and I got into Sheares. Was a little disappointed at first that I didn't get Kent Ridge but after seeing the pictures of Sheares and the activities they have, it isn't so bad after all. Okay, Rochelle got Raffles! Which is so far away from my hostel! Darn it.

*****

This has come as the biggest shock of the week. Kevin Richardson has left the Backstreet Boys! I was literally stunned for a second or two. I did not expect this at all but he says he needs to "move on with the next chapter" of his life. BSB will never be the same until he comes back, if he even does. The only silver lining is that they won't replace him. I think they owe him that much, after all he's contributed. Thank God I saw them live before he left... I hope he returns soon or else when the Backstreet Boys become the legend that I hope they'll be some day, it'll be without Kevin and that won't be right. At all.


I'm finally done. What a loooong random post. I'm off!

"Do things by the book...but make sure you're the author!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home