Saturday, March 18, 2006

I just want you to know

Oh wow, I haven't updated in 10 whole days. Isn't that amazing, since I have nothing else to do anyway, besides deciding which course to pursue in uni. Which, I might add, is a HUGE decision so maybe the stagnant state of my blog is totally justified. Don't make me feel guilty about not blogging just because you, yes you, have nothing else to read... I'm rambling, aren't I?

Anyhoo, on Sunday Rochelles and I went to NUS' and SMU's open houses. NTU was just too remote for us to bother about going there. Went to NUS first and it is giganti-normous! Got a lot of brochures and saw an ice-cream making demo. Pretty cool actually, pun intended. We tried to find the Arts and Social Sciences open house but after wandering around and climbing staircases that came from and led to nowhere (really!) we gave up and took a cab to SMU. I was quite disappointed we didn't see the dorms but whatever we've heard so far about living on campus, I like. We reached SMU only to find out, again after many wanderings, that we were in the wrong place and the open house was at the Admin building which wasn't connected to the rest of SMU. So we walked and walked and I whined so much I nearly drove Roch crazy =) But in the end, Roch got what she wanted and I have to say, if SMU had a Science fac, I'll go there in a heartbeat. Had dinner and met Halimah after that to go to the library.

Tuesday: I just started reading the brochures I got from the unis and Arisya called to ask me to follow her to the airport so she could apply at Pacific Coffee for a job. I did and the reward for my effort was that Nuha gave us free drinks! Then I coaxed Arisya into eating at Gelare cos it was Half-Priced Waffles Day! If you didn't know that, shame on you. Halimah joined us and later we headed over to Arisya's house (our second home) to watch ***: Live in Orlando, which is one of my favourite concerts of all time. If you can't guess it, too bad and I don't care anyway.

Wednesday: Drove in the afternoon and I stalled in the middle of 2 lanes! I tried changing lanes cos a taxi stopped kinda abruptly in front of me. Apparently, you can't do that. My instructor hit the brake and I didn't clutch in, hence car stalled. I panicked a little but managed to get the car going again. Thankfully no honking occurred. Later on I was waiting for a traffic light to change and a split second after it changed to green, this massive truck honked! WTH. Firstly I'm a learner driver, you're supposed to be patient with me and secondly, the other cars with the more experienced drivers hadn't even moved yet! Stupid truck. After driving Arisya and I watched Sky High at her house - I told you it was my second home and Arisya says "Yes I agree." Went to meet her mum and Halimah to watch Shaggy Dog after that.

Thursday: I finally got down to reading the information on the NUS website and I was overwhelmed. There are so many courses to choose from and so much information. My brain got tired after reading endless pages of course details so I gave up. Even though I still didn't feel a strong inclination towards a certain course, I learnt that majoring in English or Social Work wouldn't be a bad thing. But why doesn't NUS offer Mythology?! I would love to take that course, whether minor or major.

So that's how I spent Sunday to Thursday with my rest day being Monday.

i wish the Big Guy from above would give me a sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home