Wednesday, May 03, 2006

You-Know-Who Strikes. Again.

So the SAJC Band Concert date has been changed to Friday. While it doesn't affect me, it does mean that many won't be able to make it, i.e the army guys and people who are working. The rationale the band got was that 6th May is polling day and because it's a national event the concert has to be pushed forward to Friday so that people can vote. I don't think that's a valid reason at all, really.

Let me get something straight first before I whine some more about the unfairness of it all. I'm not griping about the change of date; if there was a very good excuse I'm sure people would understand. I'm complaining about the REASON given for the change. Yes I know polling day is important but polling is from 8am to 8pm and the concert starts at 7.30pm! Surely adults who really want to watch the concert can vote earlier. Secondly, according to some reliable sources, Hwa Chong and the SSO (or maybe it's SYO) are still having their concerts on Saturday, so why can't we? Furthermore, I should think more than half the people coming for the concert are not even old enough to vote. SO WHY CHANGE THE DATE? What if the band members don't manage to sell all the tickets? A concert that was probably sold out initially would have empty seats in the audience. I'm not saying there shouldn't be even one empty seat but it just feels good to see a full house for any performance.

Ah, what's done is done but this is injustice, I tell you.

2 Comments:

Blogger shanshan said...

darling dinky,
i sure miss you:)
shan.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Dina said...

i miss you too and your hyperventilating laugh. we'll see each other during alumni!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home