Saturday, June 21, 2008

The more we get together

It was the TK 21st birthday bash today and I must say that even though it was a rather small affair with less than half the cohort turning up, I still had a good time. It was a chance for my batch mates and I to catch up with each other's lives, no matter how superficially. I'm sure common questions were "So how are you?" and "What are you doing now?" It really was fantastic seeing people I hadn't met since like forever and for me, the fun part about it was reminiscing about the stupid things we did. Be it relief teachers who stood at the door and taught us from there to teachers who caught us dozing off during lessons or even teachers who were so fed up with their class that they mock-banged their heads against the wall, we definitely had more than a few good laughs over it all. It goes without saying that we also discussed how much people had changed over the five (I can't believe it's been that long) years since we graduated.

Never mind the awkwardness and stupid games, who cares that it was held in a hotel that most have never heard of and it didn't matter that we had to get our own dinner; this party opened my eyes (or heart?) to how much I really missed secondary school life and I realise now that nothing can compare to what I had back then. Being in TK was THE best time of my academic years, it's unparalleled by JC, uni and yes, even hall life. For me, it was a time when I was carefree and could still be excused for doing the occasional dumb thing but most importantly it was when I formed everlasting friendships.

So thank you to the alumni, teachers (Mr Yusri actually remembered my full name!) and the batch mates for organising the first ever birthday bash for the Class of 2003, I'm certain it was much appreciated.

The only gripe the whole thing: people I had hoped to see didn't attend but nonetheless, I'll remember this date cos who knows when's the next time we'll see each other again.

Who's up for another reunion 20 years later?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

hey Dina, this is Dana. Whenever you or Arisya get a chance - send me an email dchen0120@gmail.com to see about December. Sorry I've been missing lately. I've been traveling around a lot, but I should be able to help you guys find a place as long as you give me a well defined budget.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home