Monday, April 14, 2008

More than words

Okay it's official, yesterday's surprise party was the best! Fine I've only had one surprise party but it's the best birthday present thus far. Thank you No Rejects and to the bandies that turned up :) i really appreciate you all making your way to my place and getting lost and all.

It all started when Halimah asked me to go out to Parkway Parade and to the library with her. She always does that so I didn't suspect a thing although I was wondering why she took so long to choose her books. Then we went to Parkway and I bought my groceries and while we're at NTUC she tells me that she urgently needs to use my computer to send some information to the Mendaki Scholarship people cos they needed it today, meaning Sunday. Puzzled, I said "I can't believe they're working on a Sunday" and her reply was that they were waiting for her email. We reach my place and I get a shock when I enter cos I see the coffee table set up with stuff and behind me Arisya and Lishan blow those noisemaker things. Then I open the door to the spare room and I get an even bigger shock when I see Huishan, Enru, Deon, Shaun and Yaofeng there! You should've seen my face! I think you will anyway, when I get the photos from Huishan.

Anyway the entire thing was great cos the theme was childhood dreams so there was pizza, Rabbit sweets, jellies and fake Smarties and my birthday cake was a boxful of doughnuts! WHEEE. They made me dress up in this witch's costume and obviously snapped a photo at the same time. I probably looked ridiculous and unglam cos I didn't care less when I dressed that morning.

Having all of them there was wonderful, really. I was extremely touched that the girls went to so much trouble to plan this and what made all the better was that not only did they throw a surprise party, but they tried to get all my friends there. Unfortunately some of them couldn't make it cos of exams but it's okay. I'm glad I was so clueless about the entire thing cos that's what made it more than great.

It was bloody brilliant. Thank you for making my 21st so memorable. Special mention goes out to my mother who was also in on the conspiracy.

It was just the thing to make me almost forget what I left behind in hall, almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home