Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nevermind if you don't understand

Edit on 11/04 @ 03 50: I feel so ashamed that I am partly the cause of the unhappiness in the block. I feel like burying my head somewhere in the sand. But although I know what we are doing is fair, I honestly cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die did not want it to turn out this way. I'm starting to have second thoughts when I heard that blockhead might break the rules for us. I don't want to be like So-and-So and gang; I'd rather move than be like them.

I was so fuming mad earlier, steam was almost coming out of my ears and I wouldn't have been half surprised if I burst a vessel.

This is copied directly from an email I received regarding the all-important room allocation:

Allocation will be done according to 2 criteria:

1. Seniors will have the priority.

a. (Blk B has always given the seniors the priority regarding room allocation and I do believe that this is a good tradition to follow. =) )

2. The number of points will be the second criteria

a. (If there are 2 residents of the same year are fighting for the same room, the room will be allocated to the one with the higher points)

"Seniors have priority"? WHAT A FREAKING JOKE. I can't believe that we were fighting with 2 stupid, dumb, bimbotic, brainless, half-baked TWITS (read: freshies) for rooms that we wanted. All because we wanted one of the rooms that they were staying in and they refused to budge because they're "attached to their rooms." Why, half an hour ago, the aforementioned YEAR ONES were all too willing to change their rooms. Now just because things aren't going your way, you make things difficult for us graduating seniors. Well, three can play the same dirty game you're playing.

Basically the story's this: We wanted their rooms and the dingbats refuse to move. Technically we could kick their sorry asses elsewhere cos according to the rules set by Mr. Blockhead, seniors get priority. However blockhead says that if we want to move into a room, we must come to a mutual consensus with the current owners of the room. In our situation the airheads refused to move, therefore it's not nice to take their rooms. Hello, you mean that if people don't wanna get out, other people who get to choose first cannot take their rooms? Your so-called "criteria" goes down the drain then, doesn't it? If that's it, then it's just a formal system that you put in place to make you look like you're doing your job!

The saga continues: The dimwits then call a senior who uses another senior (who's not confirmed a room, I might add) as a pawn to block us from moving to where we want. At this point, I was complaining to someone and someone else tells me, "Stay strong, don't back down." Anyway in the end, the two of us managed to kick those imbeciles out while I move down a level to stay with likeable people.

I am absolutely furious that I'm fighting with bloody FRESHIES to get what I want. I'm not even fighting with my own batch mates! All three of us beat those 2 idiots on both criteria, seniority and points. I worked damn hard for the hall and this is what I get? Once again, on a different floor from my friends, compromising to dumbasses when they refuse to give way to us, we who have done loads more for the hall than them. Don't give me your fake smiles and high voices, telling me bullshit like you're attached to the room and you like the short wing cos it's quieter. Missies, you forget that I live in the short wing too and it's anything but quiet.

And what's this about waiting list people being able to choose a room? Wake up and smell the coffee! They're not even guaranteed a freaking room!

Actually, this entire situation could've been avoided if all rooms were up for grabs. I don't see the point of coming to a consensus about the rooms, except that it's more courteous to do so.

Undoubtedly, block head is an apt name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home