Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The second 'surprise' party

So the hall mates threw me another party yesterday with an absolutely delish cake, nice presents and still-in-the-making card. It wasn't as much of a surprise as the last one cos I already suspected something was in the works but it was still great nonetheless cos most of my good friends were there or made some sort of appearance. Thanks girls for going through so much trouble, even with the exams coming up and tests, lab reports and whatnot :)

Now on to how they tried to surprise me. Nithiya comes up and says she wants to go for supper, so of course I go and pretend I don't know what's going on. Well to be fair, I thought they only gathered the Block B people to celebrate but when I got down, once again I went "Oh my goodness!" Not only my block people, but also the Rag Materials Engineers and CMB Publicity people! I think I'm always pleasantly surprised by people whom I didn't expect to be there and were there. Then the usual singing and opening of the present. Prezzie was a black and white bikini, very nice. They put it in the egg that we made for one of our concerts. Oh I forgot about the other "present". One of the Loveboxes, given to me by my lovely subcomm. The box is extremely pretty! Btw a little birdie told me that they were at a loss for ideas on the card. Apparently I've not trained them well enough :(

Special mention goes to the cake. Obviously it was so good! Who can resist the Chocolate Banana cake from Secret Recipe, one of the 50 best cakes in Singapore according to Lifestyle? Scrumplicious!

And then of course came all the highly embarrassing moments of teasing and forcing me to wear the bikini over my grubby shorts and t-shirt in the COMM HALL! But since I'm in an especially forgiving mood, I'll let it go this time.

Once again thanks a lot for making this so wonderful! Two surprise parties! I'm a lucky person, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home