Friday, August 24, 2007

What I Loved and Hated

Well I got my room. Miraculously it's in Block B, location isn't great but it's still Beeker Haven so whoopee.

Coming back to hall has been a bit weird. I feel a little out of touch with reality cos I went home for a few days and missed important bonding sessions like IBG trainings and SNDCC. But the juniors, I must say, have been great. Of course the cliques have formed but I think there's still hope yet for the block.

I was a little reluctant to move back because I knew I would miss the comforts of home terribly. Like all things, I realise I took my mother's constant love and care for granted. I enjoyed being looked after, someone to cook for me and wash my clothes, someone who would give up watching her beloved CSI and Law and Order for me to watch my food shows. I planned to move back over the weekend but because of IBG, I rushed to shift into hall which I later discovered wasn't entirely necessary.

It's not that I don't want to come back to hall; the friendships and convenience still have a tight hold on me but that's it really. Nothing else would make me want to live here. Just getting jaded is all.

4 Comments:

Blogger teddyger said...

strangely enough, cheryl said the same thing about being jaded about hall too. haha. -yiwen

1:02 AM  
Blogger Dina said...

Ironically she's our vice-block head, in case she hasn't told you :)

10:58 PM  
Blogger teddyger said...

yah i know hahhah. i tnk hall tends to consume you. i dont know. i've confused thoughts. i blame sch. -yiwen

12:05 AM  
Blogger Dina said...

Haha it's so easy to put the blame on school. I blame school for a lot of things too! But I still think schooling is way better than working.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home