Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Beware: American Movie Junkie at Large

Bridge to Terabithia is a fantastic movie and to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, you won't regret paying 7 bucks to watch it. It's a very heartwarming story of what friendship is and what it really should be about. One of Disney's finest movies, and one of its saddest too. I don't find a lot of things sad so when I say something is, believe me it is.

Talking about Disney's finest, Pirates of the Caribbean is a shoo-in. One of the best trilogies I've ever watched and - dare I say it - comparable to LOTR. Just watched the last installment yesterday night.

(I was about to type "yesternight". Good word, don't you think? Faster to type than "yesterday night")

So yes, back to the point. POTC: At World's End is gooood. Not my favourite though but at least they tied up all the loose ends nicely and the scene after the credits isn't as stupid as the last one. I couldn't catch a lot of the lines though, and those who know me well enough, know I get very irked by that. Sodding pirate jargon coupled with all the "Arrrs!". Plus being pirates and all, EVERYONE had their own agenda and all of them were double-crossing left, right and centre with everyone else.

Undiscernable lines + typical pirate behaviour = occasionally confused me.

I didn't really like this movie, though it was enjoyable enough for me not to notice that it was 3 hours long. It just didn't have the humour of the first two, which I liked very much. This last chapter was darker and more serious, at times rather silly and sometimes it felt like the funny was being stuffed into the scene. But the sets are amazing, the costumes so fitting for that period, the action sequences are flawless and of course I simply love the storyline since I'm a sucker for fantasy. 3 thumbs up :)

"Didn't anyone come to save me just because they miss me?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

3 Comments:

Blogger sweetden7al said...

ooh i watched bridge to terabithia on the plane back to msia.. hehe.. it was good yeah..
but i didn't really enjoy potc 3.. tho orlando looked great in red/maroon =p and in a bandanna! *swoon* to think i got out of my orlando obsession phase lol..
but basically the movie was just too convoluted. imagine being confused by a DISNEY movie! and the jack sparrow scenes are just a tad indulgent.. sick of seeing so many jacks.
-EH

3:35 PM  
Blogger Dina said...

Orlando only looked GREAT? *gasps* he looked damn freaking awesomely hot! Guess what? Yen still hasn't watched it yet. I amuse myself by asking her if she's watched it yet then laughing in her face when she says No. I'm so evil. And thanks for saying the movie was convoluted; I was beginning to think I was stupid. I miss you and your bitchiness =(

6:09 PM  
Blogger sweetden7al said...

aha.. i thought u'd be one of the jack worshippers like so many other ppl who poohpooh at orlando =)
what? my bitchiness! not comparable to yours, dear

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home