Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tired, sleepy and tired

It's only my 4th day of doing what Materials Engineers are supposed to do and already I'm super duper duper freaking tired.

I measure and cut, measure and cut till I become cross-eyed. I try my darndest to place blue and brown scales accurately, only to find out that the line of scales is slowly going crooked. I'm happy and perky one moment and the next, I just don't feel like talking to anyone. I get so stressed out because I'm frustrated with my own ineptness and (lack of) speed.

This is Rag.

The only thing that keeps me going is the people. Those with passion, who work tirelessly throughout the day to achieve a common goal: to beat our neighbours with an award-winning float :) i place utmost faith in this year's team and I believe we can do it.

I didn't believe that Raggers ragged for the people and not for the hall but I do now.

I will never forget these 3 months in which I slogged day and night but as one ME said, "It's like the army. Once is enough." Or something like that anyway. I can never remember exactly what people say.

Ok enough talky talk about the trials and tribulations of Rag. As I pakat-ed with Jian Hui the other time, I must blog about Yen's incident with the topping-up machine at Somerset MRT. As always we wanted to give Yen a chance to show how fast she is in daily activities cos she complains that our comments about her slowness are unjustified. We decided to let her race against JH in the "Topping-up your EZ Link Card" challenge. First the girl takes out her Maybank card instead of her DBS card, claiming that the cards looked the same. She inserted her Maybank one not once, but twice before realising her error. Then she was always looking down at the screen when asked to key in her PIN and press Enter. Maybe she thought the screen stores PINs now :) she obviously didn't press Enter after keying in her PIN, hence the Italics. It took a total of THREE attempts before Yen managed to successfully top up her card and coupled with her characteristic Royal Tortoise-like speed, she obviously lost the challenge. The End.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Wild Tide said...

Ha ha ha....Yen's top up disaster mayhem is sooooooo funny!!!!!!! Wish i was there to have witnessed it....but then again, i can totally visualize the scenario!!!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home