Friday, June 15, 2007

L-A-Z-Y, I ain't got no alibi

First I got to explain the reason for my hiatus. My laptop crashed! That's always an acceptable excuse right? Then I was too busy with SECC to do anything but rest during my free time. Now the camp's over, my laptop is back in working order and my mind is totally refreshed from about 15 hours of sleep so I'm sort of free to blog again.

As mentioned earlier, SECC is finally over. Whoopee! I'm only happy cos it was just too tiring for me. The lack of sleep was nearly unbearable but I managed to fight through my exhaustion. I'm so proud of myself cos on the last day, I stayed awake for 22 hours straight! It's quite a personal achievement because everyone knows I need my beauty rest. The camp was a lot fun and I really love my group. At first I cringed when I was allocated to Ali Baba but in the end I couldn't have asked for more, both from the campers and the councillors. We definitely deserved the title for the Most Rah-rah Group :) and hopefully, I managed to convince some of them to come down and help the raggers during the hols.

I'm not an orientation person, as Queen Mother would say and I'm happy with that description. However, as much as I dislike over-enthusiastic campers during my own orientation camps, I sometimes wish I had the confidence and guts to be like them. Being a councillor for SECC gave me the chance to be super rah-rah without embarrassment and I'm grateful for that. Cos now I finally know that I'm better off being a worker than an orientation person.

Alrighty, I'm off to watch Heroes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home