Tuesday, April 03, 2007

All was fine and dandy until...

Latest news on my hall stay: Blubber and Seah have just told me there's nothing they can do and I don't have a place in hall.

My last resort as of now is to somehow wrangle a place on the Master's list and that battle is up to Rosanne to fight for me.

I thought I had come to terms with the fact that I won't be staying in hall any more but when they came to my room to let me know, I realised I hadn't.

I hate the fact that I'm totally powerless to do anything, short of forging the confirmation slip or making a ruckus at the OSA.
I hate it that I have to leave hall when I'm not ready to, all because of one stupid mistake.
I hate leaving all my friends behind, people I see more than my own family; people whom I've eaten breakfast and dinner with almost every day and people I can just go up and talk to even at 1am in the morning.
I hate all the red tape that governs NUS (why can't I just pay a late fee and be done with it already?!); just process the bloody application, dammit.
I hate it that the bad news had to come now when I have an essay due tomorrow and a test on Wednesday.

Interruption to my ranting: Rosanne informed me that Master's list for me may not be possible cos they had to submit in the names some time ago and she didn't cos obviously she thought I was staying, which I thought I was too. I most probably won't be able to get it cos then I'll be depriving someone else of a place, someone probably worthier than me, unfortunately. Anyway back to the entry.

But best of all, I hate the fact that Life's a bitch.

EDIT (00 52): The only small comfort is that at least I have SECC and Rag to look forward to. I'll be able to tell everyone that I was involved in Sheares Hall Rag; something to be proud of indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home