Thursday, March 08, 2007

Demoralisation at its best

It hit me today that I'm competing with students who are on a different level of smarts than I am. Yes I whine and complain almost weekly about the fact that I fight for those elusive As or even Bs with Pharmacy, Dentistry and even freaking MASTERS in Nursing but it just didn't quite sink in before.
So what made today different? Obviously, it's none other than my Physio results. I failed, as did 4/5 of the class. Shocking, isn't it? The highest: only 66.7. Of course that's much better than what I got but it still isn't great. The profs keep telling us how well we're doing and they're so impressed with our abilities.. I feel like telling them "Oi! Wake up and smell the coffee lah!" Maybe we're better thinkers or learners than their countrymen but this is Singapore. Good just won't cut it, we have to be the best.
I'd like to keep going cos I really don't like to give up but I think this course has worn me down a lot in the first sem. Nowadays I just feel so tired and sleepy during my lessons and when I think about next week, I just want to die. Honestly, 3 presentations and 1 test is no joke. The only small comfort is that the 4th presentation was postponed.

Being in school is still better than working though.

Darn it, I still haven't blogged about CNY with the band people and how 20 people were ferried from, literally, one end of the island to the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home