Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

Today was totally depressing, discouraging and disheartening. I blame PMS for making me feel this way.

First the day started with Renal Physio tutorial at 8AM. I was so sleepy cos of my very tiring week (3 presentations and 1 test!).

4 hours of break followed by Employee Management, which I normally enjoy cos it's just something so different from nursing. I was quite hyped up about the presentation too as I really thought my group did an excellent job.
Of course, because I described my day as being so crappy, something had to come along and ruin it. That something was my Pharmacology test result. I was so surprised that it was so bad cos I DID study for it and I thought I knew almost everything. I think it was the negative marking that killed me. I'm quite affected by the test result, either cos I studied and still did badly or maybe it's just PMS. I'm beginning to feel extremely stupid; I just don't understand why I couldn't do better than this. I STUDIED, for crying out loud! Never in my life have I studied and gotten this kind of result.

Luckily my presentation wasn't affected by my lousy grade. I think I presented okay and the rest of my group members did fabulously. However, when it was time to collate the results, we realised we only got a measly 71 marks. WTH! I'm damn pissed off cos I think we deserved better than that even though we didn't explicitly answer the crux of the issue. To think I graded the other groups so generously, giving them 80+. Even the worst group got a 74 from me! And they were really bad.. Our theory is that the people who gave us the lower marks presented already, saw their marks, decided to hold a grudge and give the rest lower marks. This is just hypothesis though. But I've made up my mind on the marking of the remaining groups. I know it's unfair and really terrible, but grades DO matter and if I keep giving others 80-something, I'll lose out. It's just the way the world works.

I need something to cheer me up. Aha. I spy "Lost" sitting on my table, just begging me to insert in the DVD and watch :) and that's exactly what I'll do, after my dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home