Thursday, January 26, 2006

Still rocking on the BSB high

After waiting a decade for the Backstreet Boys to perform in Singapore, I finally saw them LIVE on Tuesday 24th Jan 2006. I can tell this is going to be one of the highlights of the year. They are totally awesome live performers but this wasn't their best concert. what makes you different makes you beautiful. I think the biggest shocker was that they started only a little late. Halimah and I nearly missed their entry cos we wanted to go see the merchandise.

They sang, they danced and basically made most of my Backstreet dreams come true. I say 'most' cos we made this humongous lightstick sign saying "Wave if u see us" and they didn't! But I'm going to pretend Nick waved anyway =) I was so happy when they sang their old songs!! as long as you love me. Their previous singles are the ones that broke them into the music industry and established them as arguably the biggest boyband in the world. Btw their latest album is quite good. how did i fall in love with you?

In short the concert was just incredible. Nick is soooo talented! Not that the others aren't, it's just that I love him =) He plays guitar and drums AND he can hit the high notes *swoons* this power is greater than the forces of nature. There were some low points though. Firstly the turnout was terrible. There were empty seats! Wth. Imagine a Backstreet concert not being sold out. I guess their so-called ardent fans think they're too old for BSB now. Felt very bad for the boys. Secondly after the concert I didn't feel anything. quit playing games with my heart. I felt indifferent. Like I just went to watch a normal performance. I didn't feel like I caught one of my favourite bands in the whole universe. The whole thing felt like a dream or like I just watched the concert on TV. Probably hadn't sunk in yet. I don't really want to entertain the thought that I don't like them any more; it's just too traitorous. i'll never break your heart. Bought a tee for $35! That's daylight robbery but I don't care, it was worth it since they probably won't come for another 10 years.

Obviously I thought the concert was way too short and it went by too fast. I also wish they had interacted more with the audience. But no matter it was, to put it simply, great.

*****

Went to see them off today. Waited about 2 hours for them at the Departure doors with Arisya and Li Shan. I finally saw Nick up close! I wanted to shout "I love you Nick" but I was er too embarrassed. I only hope I can remember what he looks like cos I didn't get a good picture and neither did the other 2. Why must he turn to the side just as I'm about to click?! I'm praying Lauretta Alabans sends us the pictures. no matter how i fight it, can't deny it, just can't let you go. Fun Fact: Brian and Howie are short. Nick and Kevin are about as tall as I expected. Nick looked so red, especially in the neck area. Must be the lovely Singapore weather.

I can't believe they left already. show me the meaning of being lonely. It's finally sunk in that they were here, I watched them perform and now they're gone. The Brisbane concert is going to be on Nick's birthday, lucky Aussies. I hope I never forget these 3 days of my existence. and the world is so beautiful tonight.

They are truly larger than life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home