Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My One and Only Xmas Par-tay

Got back from Shaun's around 1pm today. Overnighted there. Strangely enough I wasn't tired at all by the time 3am rolled in. Instead I went to play Twister while some of them slept and after that I went cycling with Shaun and his cousin. Going down the slopes was SO fun since there were virtually zero cars. Wheee! By the time we came up there was no more space for us to sleep. OK fine there was, but it would be kind of squashy. Opted to sleep in the computer room instead. Sherman's friend was freezing on the floor, poor thing. Didn't sleep well partly cos it was kinda cold. But went home to have a good sleep so everything's cool.

Earlier in the evening: reached the house around 6 only to find Jasmine leaving! Tried to stop her but she said she had to go meet her parents for dinner. The girl left even before the party officially started! Shaun actually ran out of his house with the cordless phone cos he was talking to me while trying to stop her. So funny =) Madeleine, Angeline, Xiuli, Addi and Christabel were already there when I came. Ate Angeline's brownie and gingerhearts which were really quite tasty even though I don't like gingerbread. Played mahjong with Tommy Surong and Addi while waiting for dinner and the other band-its. I tried Absolut Peach, just a tiny sip. It wasn't bad but I don't like drinking, so now you all know who should be the designated driver to send people home. After I learn that is. Dinner was yummy! Played Cluedo with Yaofeng, ALoo, Enru, Koi and Andre; Liangshi joined us later replacing Enru. Koi was hilarious! He was a newbie so it was really amusing to see him asking questions and fervently taking notes. I've played the game before but I'm awfully bad at it. Counted down to Christmas and took a group photo. Must go and get it from Shaun. Played Disney monopoly with Xiuli, Shaun and Zuan because Shaun couldn't find the Risk board. He found everything else but the board. Shaun won and Xiuli went bankrupt after paying me $1000. Sorry dear but I guess you were pretty glad to get out of the game since we sorta coerced (sounds nicer than "forced") you into playing. Some guy, I forget his name but I think he's Sherman's friend, came straight to the house from the airport. Damn cool.

Decided to finally get of bed around 12 and left the house a while after that. Gave wrong directions to the remaining bandies *looks guilty* SORRY. Brain was fuzzy due to lack of sleep. I tried calling Amy to tell them I sent them the wrong way but I got another Amy. I think it was the Amy from percussion who quit band long time ago. So weird.

Reached home, bathed and slept again. Sleeping's my ultimate hobby during the hols.Hope they liked the Famous Amos cookies I gave them. Yes yes I know it's unoriginal but I couldn't think what to give a family with 3 guys!

*****

I can't believe I was so excited for Christmas when I only attended ONE party. Actually I thought I had many events going on that week but some got cancelled. Oh wells...

*****

Thanks to Timo, Kok Hoe, Surong, Sean, Huishan and Dorcas for the Christmas greetings. Esp to Dorcas for stimulating me intellectually with your puzzle! No wonder the card was so small =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home