Thursday, September 25, 2008

Anyone has any money-making schemes?

I AM EXTREMELY IRRITATED RIGHT NOW.

I was supposed to work for the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix, don't ask me as what cos I don't know exactly. I went for a compulsory in-house training session and on-the-job training (OJT) as a banquet server, which from a previous post, you'll see that I nearly died. Then the HR company calls me and tells me that they had to cut down on a few hundred people one day before the practice session due to security reasons. I already had a bad experience with their unprofessional ways when they were trying to settle my banquet server job. And now this.

I had to forego a birthday celebration to attend the compulsory OJT, I had to fork out money to buy a skirt I don't really need and I had to tell a good friend that I wouldn't be able to attend his 21st birthday party due to the F1. I had planned my entire schedule around this job and they tell me they had to drop me. I went through all this crap to get this thing and in the end, it didn't happen.

When I commented that it was so unbelievable that the F1 side would think about security so late, the guy told me it was the organiser's, not F1's, fault. He claims he only knew about the cutting down of people 2 days ago. When I asked how the company decided who to cut down on, he told me it was from feedback during the in-house training and the OJT. The thing is it wasn't fair to rate us on OJT cos being banquet servers wasn't what we were supposed to be doing for the F1. The OJT was for learning how to deal with customers and my dinner guests seemed fine. The guy then offered me a job serving cocktails and wine at the Conrad, which is in the vicinity of the F1 but I turned it down. I don't think it'll reflect very well on Singapore if a first-time drinks server was serving the guests during the actual event. I was trained as a FOOD server, for heaven's sake!

I really needed the moolah, but I guess on the bright side, I get to work on my 50%-due-on-Monday paper.

A word of advice: don't join TCC (not the coffee joint) unless you want to deal with all this nonsense.

You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home