Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Double double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble

I'm supposed to be furiously working on my Clinical Decision Making paper but I'm troubled by other things.

I talked to my mother over the weekend to ask if it was alright if I did another semester, taking electives that I didn't have a chance to take and she said it was fine. Then I had a nice long chat with one of my lecturers and she reassured me that it was ok to start work in August, i.e. after Rag as most people take a one to two month break anyway. Now another Prof advises me against doing another semester cos I could lose touch with my practical skills and I grudgingly agree with her. She also gave me another bit of bad news. Essentially, doing Rag may not be only up to me but also up to the hospitals cos we have to see when they take in the new batch of graduated student nurses.

I fully concur with Sean that work can wait and I'm all for taking a good break but still, I wouldn't want to miss one of the most important parts of a nurse's life which is the integration into the hospital and the workforce. God, I really hate it that my future is so damn unpredictable. One moment I think "Oh I can do CMB and Rag without any major hitches" and the next, Life throws me another curveball. I told Mdm Liaw straight that if I didn't stay in hall, my university and academic life would be utterly miserable. Hall has kept me sane from the craziness of the course by giving me a chance to do things I wouldn't dream of doing. Hall life is an escape for me, a chance to focus on something else other than school, which I feel is slowly killing my interest for the vocation. I guess I wasn't fully prepared when I took up this course, and that's no one's fault but my own. I don't regret learning what I've learnt though, it's just a pity that the course is the way it is. I think the only way out of this is to do my Honours year, which is a slim possibility but not a likely one, judging from the way my paper is going.

But enough of my whinings! I just found out yesterday that the Science Centre has free star-gazing sessions every Friday. They even have lessons on astronomy, slide shows and talks! I also want to watch Wild Ocean at the Omnimax theatre! Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home