Wednesday, December 10, 2008

not exactly my brand of heroin

Arisya got freaking GALA PREMIERE tickets for Twilight, which she very kindly invited me for and of course, any Twi-hard would accept. Unfortunately, as much - and you have no idea how much - as I want to say the movie was excellent, it sadly was not.

Robert, while believably godly, doesn't do tense or intense well. His face just isn't made it for it. He looks a lot better when he's relaxed and smiling; I could've have just died in the cinema when he was smirking away in his shades wayfarers.

Kristen, on the other hand, isn't as fragile as I'd like her to be. Bella is usually scared to death and she shows it but has more than a few moments of courage, which make her endearing. Kristen doesn't show a lot of emotion and is too mellow.

Their off-screen chemistry is beyond wonderful but it doesn't really show on-screen, though it was good enough I suppose.

I didn't really like Hardwicke's directing style; too many close-up shots such that the actor's face fills up the entire screen so I felt quite uncomfortable watching it. Oh and the music, was ill-fitting for most scenes. Plus sparkling Edward looked weird :( but I would pay $9, or however much movie tickets cost now, to watch it just to see a 3D version of the story.

I can't wait for Jacob Black to turn things around in New Moon, after he cuts his stupid locks off.

Don't worry Robert, I still think you're awesome.

"Real vampires don't sparkle!" says a disgruntled Jaden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home