Friday, December 16, 2005

Battle of the Reality TV Stars

Danni won Survivor! I am content. Stephenie didn't win. Wahaha. Oh yea oh yea *does the happy dance* I just don't like the girl. She was one of my favourites at the beginning of Survivor: Palau though. She was like an inspiration to womenkind, showing that girls can do everything, well nearly everything, men can. In Guatemala she didn't even play the game very well. She only got to the final 2 cos more people hated her than Rafe. But why was Rafe stupid enough to release Danni from her promise?! I tell you, men are manufactured in the stupid factory. 'Nuff said.
It was good to see the former castaways in the reunion show. Especially Brian, Jamie and Gary =) I don't know why but I liked Brian a lot. He's really witty but looks kinda nerdy. But what the hell, he's a freaking IVY LEAGUE GRAD! I can’t believe that last time I thought the Ivy League was some sports team.Oops. Anyhoo I can't wait for the next Survivor! Panama: Exile Island. Looks like they're running out of locations. They should try to shoot one in a cold country. I think the competitors will look fat and cute running around in their cold wear.

*****

Linzes won Amazing Race. I wanted the Weavers to win though cos I felt a bit sorry for them, seeing as how their dad died so they could probably use the money (plus I like Rolly). The Linzes are alright (Tommy is cute!) but I liked the Weavers from the beginning so was rooting for them more. I think I prefer the 2 person teams compared to families. Families don't get enough screen time and they travel less. A LOT less. One of the highlights of TAR is that you get to experience the different cultures and traditions but the family edition was filmed mostly in USA so got a bit boring. Like everyone they encountered could speak English! Not much challenge.

The teams this time round weren't too interesting so I thought I'd mention some TAR-worthy teams:
Rob and Brennan - They won the first Amazing Race and they're the original Race cuties.
The Guidos aka The Villains - They were 24 hours behind everyone and didn't even make it to the Finish Line I think.
Frank and Margarita - Got lost in their home borough of Queens. Their strategy: Take all the bridges and avoid traffic lights. Rob and Brennan's: Told their cab driver to go as fast as he could.
Kevin and Drew - I just like them a lot.
Danny and Oswald - They were really funny.
Blake and Paige - My favourite team to win that season and I find Paige cute. Don't ask why.
Derek and Drew - Very hot twins.
Flo and Zach - Flo's constant whining made for good TV. Zach really has the patience of a saint to be able to tolerate her nonsense.
Ken and Gerard - Simply because.
Reichen and Chip - They won and Reichen's cute.
Colin and Christie - I liked them and Colin played smart throughout the race except at the end.
Charla and Mirna - Charla was the smallest person in the Race to date and probably one of the strongest. I didn't like them though.
Jonathan and Victoria - I have never seen more abuse on reality TV.
Kris and Jon - My favourite team! Unfortunately they came in 2nd.
Rob and Amber - The Survivors. I really thought they would win cos Rob's a smart player like Colin but they didn't!! I'll never forget how he managed to convince people to give up on that disgusting Road Block just cos he couldn't do it himself.
And finally, Lynn and Alex - "We -huff- must -huff- beat -huff- the -huff- Survivors!" said Alex while rowing a raft and trying to pass Rob and Amber, which I think they did.

I love them all. TAR should have an All-Stars Race, like Survivor. That'd be fun.

*****

Battle of the Network Reality TV Shows is tomorrow. Can't wait. I hope Omarosa from The Apprentice is competing. She was so delightfully bitchy in Fear Factor and The Apprentice =)

I bet after this entry all the Stephenie fanatics will come after me with pitchforks.

Bring it on.

EDIT: Battle of the Network Reality Stars is tomorrow (23/12) not last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home