Monday, September 28, 2009

hear the sound of a love so loud

What a weekend! Nope, not really because of F1 cos the race was sorta boring, but because I caught NICK CARTER'S T-SHIRT!

Here's the proof:




Ta-dah!



Actually I brought home only half of it but that part comes later. I can't quite believe it really but maybe it'll sink in tomorrow. You know, I was always one of those girls who wished and wished that I was the one who caught whatever the boys threw but I never was because I just wasn't near enough. Well, not this time! The damn t-shirt was coming right over my head and I stretched out to grab it, sort of stumbled backwards and hung onto it for dear life. Unfortunately, so was this other girl from Indonesia. The surrounding people were looking at us in a very amused and, I'd like to think, envious, fashion haha. Flashbulbs started popping and I felt like a D-list celebrity.

I begged her to give it to me but of course, being a fan, she wouldn't so we agreed to cut the prized possession in half. I can solemnly swear that I caught it but oh well, better half than nothing. Then, like, a million people wanted to take a photo with it and some started smelling it. I thought it'd smell like, you know, sweat but very strangely, it smelled like detergent. Nick sweats detergent! As Arisya says, then he probably farts rainbows and burps perfume.

We went on a scissors hunt after the chaos died down and some kebab stall lent us theirs, after first making sure we weren't going to use it to cut up the person who got the shirt into little pieces. I kid.

It's like I waited my whole life, for this one night.

Once again, I feel obliged to give my thanks to someone who'll never see it. She's an old schoolmate of ours and without her, I wouldn't have been screaming and jumping like a maniac and thoroughly embarrassing myself on 27 Sept 2009. So thank you, Saerah and boyfriend, for being too cool to watch the Backstreet Boys and lending us your passes.

We've now watched them in concert for 3 consecutive years! I really don't know what to say because I'm like 22, my generation has moved on to bands like Simple Plan and whatnot, and here I am: screaming like a 15-year-old and still harbouring a secret hope that one day, I'll get to see them live in the US, preferably Orlando, their hometown.

One last childish dig at 'NSync: To my knowledge, BSB has never been accused of and proven to be lip-syncing. Hah!

KTBPA.

2 Comments:

Blogger sweetden7al said...

i was wondering what the heck was ktbpa... thought it was kthxbye +extension til i googled it and found it in Urban Dictionary -_- Crazy girl!

2:41 AM  
Blogger Dina said...

HAHAHA last time I was wondering what's kthxbye and how stupid it sounded. And KTBPA is in Urban Dictionary? COOL.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home